CASTINE, Maine – Maine Maritime Academy's student-athletes combined for a 3.14 term GPA in the Fall semester, the highest in department history.
"Maine Maritime Athletics could not be more proud of the efforts our students put into each semester both on their respective teams and in the classroom," said Student-Athlete Affairs Coordinator, Seth Brown. "The academic achievement of our students only reinforces the efforts our coaches, academic support staff, faculty and total campus community put into each and every student."
By the Numbers:
- 211 – Athletes at Maine Maritime Academy for the 2017-2018 Academic Year
- 109 – Number of Mariners' athletes named to the Dean's List following the Fall 2017 Term
- 38 – Number of students named to the ECAC President's Honor Roll (student-athletes with a 3.6 – 4.0 GPA)
- 28 – Number of students named to ECAC Academic Honor Roll (student-athletes with a 3.2 – 3.59 GPA)
- 19 – Number of students named to the NAC Fall-Academic Honor Roll (3.5-4.0 GPA)
- 3.05 – Cumulative Grade Point Average for Maine Maritime Academy's athletes following the fall term
- 2 – Number of consecutive semesters Maine Maritime's student-athletes have combined to turn in a term and cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 0 –Number of semesters Maine Maritime's student-athletes combined for a 3.0 term or cumulative GPA or higher prior to the Spring 2017 semester
"This is a great testament to our coaches' ability to recruit superior student athletes," said Director of Athletics, Steve Peed. "I'd like to thank Seth Brown for his excellence in driving our exceptional academic culture."
"I challenge our athletes each day to attack academics the same way they would an opponent in competition," added Brown. "Congratulations to all the student-athletes on their academic success."