DANBURY, Conn. – Maine Maritime Academy men's swimming defeated Western Connecticut State University 146-111, on Sunday morning in the William A. O'Neill Athletic & Convocation Center.
- The relay team of John Gilpin (Portsmouth, R.I.), John Egger (Marion, Mass.), Jack Valleau (Liberty, Maine), and Ryan Burke (Lyman, Maine) placed second in the 200 yard medley relay with a time of 1:54.12.
- Benjamin Mazgaj (Ellsworth, Maine) placed second in the 200 yard free with a time of 2:18.80, while Burke placed third with a time of 2:26.41.
- John Markillie (Richland, Wash.) claimed the top spot in the 50 yard back with a time of 28.31, while Edward David (Englewood, Fla.) placed second with a time of 30.25.
- Isaac Weaver (Lamoine, Maine) won the 50 yard breast with a time of 30.31, while Patrick McEneaney (Suffolk, Va.) placed third with a time of 32.19.
- Markillie placed first overall in the 100 yard butterfly with a time of 58.83.
- Valleau finished second in the 50 yard free with a time of 23.62, while Brad Tibbetts (Boothbay Harbor, Maine) placed third with a time of 23.96.
- Egger won the 100 yard free with a time of 55.30, while Mazgaj placed third with a time of 1:00.33.
- Tibbetts won the 100 yard back with a time of 1:02.19, while Valleau placed third with a time of 1:03.96.
- McEneaney finished second in the 500 yard free with a time of 5:29.29.
- The Mariners took the top three spots in the 50 yard butterfly, Markillie placed first overall with a time of 26.36, David came in second with a time of 27.00, and Tibbetts finished third with a time of 27.54.
- Weaver finished second in the 100 yard IM with a time of 1:03.18, while David placed third with a time of 1:04.59.
The Mariners will return to action on Saturday, December 6 at the Maine State Meet, hosted by Bowdoin College.