WALTHAM, Mass. – Maine Maritime Academy swimming competed against Brandeis University on Sunday afternoon at Lindsey Pool. The women's team also faced off with Merrimack College for a double-dual meet.
Brandeis edged the men's team 110-78, while the women's team fell to both the Judges (225-25) and the Warriors (237-15).
Men's Meet Highlights:
- Brad Tibbetts (Boothbay Harbor, Maine) claimed first in the 200 yard IM (2:18.29)
- Joshua Roberts (Saco, Maine) finished third and set a personal best time in the 50 yard back (27:38) and also finished third in the 100 yard breast (1:10.15)
- Andrew Todd (Skowhegan, Maine) set a personal best in the 100 yard back (1:13.35)
Women's Meet Highlights:
- Amber Durant (Mansfield, Mass.) finished sixth and set a personal best in the 50 yard back (35:82)
- Avery Nelson (Dover Foxcroft, Maine) set a personal best time in the 50 yard free, while placing eighth (35:65)
- Julie Cavanaugh (Mendon, Mass.) finished ninth and set a season best time in the 100 yard free (1:08.66)
- Micaela Tanguay (Arundel, Maine) set a personal best in the 200 yard free (2:46.62)
- Alesha Gregoire (Lewiston, Maine), Nelson, and Sierra Bussell (Greenville, Maine) set personal best times in the 100 yard free
Up Next: The Mariners return to Castine for their first ever home meet this Wednesday, January 16, against Western Connecticut State at 5:00 pm. The women will also host Plymouth State.