CASTINE, Maine – Maine Maritime Academy swimming hosted Saint Joseph's College of Maine on Monday evening at Bok Pool on Senior Night. The men's team defeated the Monks 94-67, while the women fell 120-52.
Men's Meet Highlights:
- The relay team of Joshua Roberts (Saco, Maine), Liam Naturale (Dingman's Ferry, Pa.), Brad Tibbetts (Boothbay Harbor, Maine) and Patrick McEneaney (Suffolk, Va.) took the top spot in the 200 Yard Medley Relay (1:48.71)
- Naturale claimed first in the 50 Yard Breaststroke (29:72) as well as the 100 Yard Breaststroke (1:07.37)
- Roberts took first in the 100 Yard Butterfly (1:015.16)
- Tibbets placed first in the 100 Yard IM (1:04.68) and second in the 50 Yard Freestyle (24.88)
- McEneaney finished second in the 100 Yard Freestyle (54.88)
- The relay team of Roberts, McEneany, Hayden Sattler (Lamoine, Maine) and Tibbetts took first in the 200 Yard Freestyle Relay (1:40.83)
Women's Meet Highlights:
- Amber Durant (Mansfield, Mass.) finished third in the 50 Yard Backstroke
- Alesha Gregoire (Lewiston, Maine) placed third in the 50 Yard Freestyle (32.03) and the 100 Yard Freestyle (1:11.53)
- Tanguay claimed first place in the 50 Yard Butterfly (33.01) ahead of teammate Kaitlyn Reny (Lewiston, Maine) who placed second (33.40)
- The relay team of Durant. Tanguay, Gregoire and Julie Cavanaugh (Mendon, Mass.) took first in the 200 Yard Freestyle Relay (2:04.07)
Up Next: The Mariners return to action on Saturday, January 26 at Norwich University at 1:00 pm.